Revanesse Versa Dermal Filler Treatment for Reduction in Wrinkles and Fine lines- Advanced Laser Clinic Modesto
Revanesse Versa Dermal Filler is a treatment used for reduction in wrinkles and fine lines. Revanesse Versa is FDA approved is hyaluronic acid dermal filler. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance that is found within the body. It may be produced by bacteria and purified for use as injectable soft tissue filler in order to correct the appearance of facial wrinkles and creases, (nasolabial folds).
For those looking to control the signs of aging, Revanesse® VersaTM is a hyaluronic acid dermal filler that can be used to treat moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, including nasolabial folds. The Revanesse® formula is trusted, with over 3 million syringes sold worldwide since 2012; a testament to its safety, efficacy, and high patient satisfaction.
What is Revanesse Versa?
Revanesse Versa is hyaluronic acid dermal filler. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance that is found within the body. It may be produced by bacteria and purified for use as injectable soft tissue filler in order to correct the appearance of facial wrinkles and creases, (nasolabial folds). The product is approved for use in the U.S. by the Food and Drug Administration for the cosmetic treatment of facial wrinkles and creases.
Are there any reasons why I should not (contraindications) receive the Revanesse Versa injection?
You should not be treated with Revanesse Versa if you:
- are pregnant or breastfeeding, as the safety of these products for use during pregnancy, or in women who are breastfeeding, has not been studied
- have a history of hypertrophic scarring or keloid formation
- have evidence of scars at the intended treatment sites
- have acne and / or other inflammatory diseases of the skin, such as rosacea, seborrheic dermatitis, and psoriasis,
- have allergic history including:
- severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis),
- heightened immune responses to common allergens, especially inhaled allergens and food allergens (atopy),
- allergy to hyaluronic acid products,
- Streptococcal proteins or have plans to undergo administration of graded doses of allergens (desensitization therapy) during treatment with Revanesse Versa.
- have acute or chronic skin disease, such as seborrheic dermatitis or rosacea, in or near the injection sites, or any infection or unhealed wound of the face
- are under concomitant anticoagulant therapy, antiplatelet therapy, or have a history of bleeding disorders, clotting disorders such as hemophilia or connective tissue disorders such as systemic lupus erythematosus
You should never use Revanesse Versa in conjunction with a laser, intense pulsed light, chemical peeling or dermabrasion treatments, or with Over-the-counter (OTC) wrinkle products or prescription wrinkle treatments within 4 weeks (28 days) prior to treatment, as there is a possible risk of inflammation at the treatment site if these procedures are performed before treatment.
What are the risks?
- Bleeding and Bruising: Bleeding is usually minimal and resolves within a few minutes. It is possible to have a bleeding episode from the injection of the local anesthesia or filler that requires treatment, but it is unusual. Bruising in the area is also an expected reaction and can take up to a week to resolve.
- Swelling: Swelling is also expected and may take several days to a week to resolve. It is unusual but medical treatment may be necessary if swelling is slow to resolve.
- Pain: Some discomfort is expected with injections but usually lasts less than a day.
Other risks that are less likely, but may occur, include the following: Acne-like skin eruptions, Skin sensitivity (rash, itching, tenderness), Skin infection, Damage to nerves or blood vessels, Skin lumpiness, Scarring, Skin necrosis (death of the skin), Hyperpigmentation (darkening of the skin), Reactivation of herpes infection (blisters or skin sores).